Tim-Approved: Machinarium Sale!

Machinarium

TimBack when E For All still existed, we told you about a game coming out called Machinarium that we demoed at the show. It was my pick of the show, a point-and-click adventure game that was truly one of the most beautiful games I ever played. The good news is that it came out this year to rave reviews. The great news is that it’s on sale!

The creators of the game have a nice package deal on their site: get Machinarium and their previous title Samorost 2 (also excellent), for $10! You’ll get the Windows, Mac, and Linux versions of both games, the soundtrack to both games and some nice JPGs too. This is an amazing deal for a couple of amazing games. I highly recommend it!

If you ONLY want Machinarium, and you hate soundtracks or sound in general, AND you hate Macs, you can opt for JUST Machinarium for $7 at Impulse (PC only). This is actually the route I’m going because I’ve already purchased Samorost 2. (WARNING: It seems you’ll need to install the Impulse software in order to access the download.)

If you think I’m a liar or are really stingy with your gaming dollars, you can always try the free demo of Machinarium and Samorost 2 before you buy. Enjoy!

1. The Gastronomic Gamer says:

Seven dollars?!? I paid twenty for it a couple months ago… Razzle frazzle…

Oh, by the way, it’s my pick for best game of 2009.

2. freeplay says:

I played the demos, but i don’t have time to game.

Sounds like a good deal! I’ll give the demos a shot and see if I’d be interested in getting the full games. Thanks for the heads-up, Tim!

4. Kvb says:

Tempting, but… I kind of want all my PC games to be on Steam.
    If my PC dies on me, will I be able to re-download the game for free on their site, or will I have to buy it over again?

I don’t even know why I haven’t already bought this game. I LOVE Point & Click Adventure Games.
    I guess I’m busy with other games at the moment, but I more than happily interrupted anything and everything when Tales of Monkey Island 5 came out…

5. Talduras says:

Not a big fan of point-and-click adventures. Only one I ever really liked much was Secret of Monkey Island… and even that one I haven’t completed.

• The Gastronomic Gamer says:

Then at least try the demo. It feels different from other point ‘n click games somehow.

6. SidGarcia says:

Thanks for the heads-up!
    I’ve always wanted Machinarium, and with another game it’s just better!
    Just finished Samorost 2 and downloading Machinarium now!